Kids Country is the East of England Agricultural Society’s education programme for children in Key Stages 1 & 2. The programme delivers exceptional, hands-on interactive learning experiences for children, based around food, farming and the countryside.
We belong to Learning Partnerships in the area who work with us promoting our programme of events to local schools, teachers and outdoor training advisors. We are passionate about educating children to understand food, farming and the countryside. Kids Country are always happy to look at improving communication with learning groups and teachers.
What do we do?
- Inform and educate about Food, Farming and the Countryside.
- Provide a stimulating environment for learning
- Offer ‘outdoor learning’ and hands-on activities. For example, the Grow Your Own Potatoes and Breakfast Week events
- Incorporate key elements of the national curriculum
- Present opportunities for children to engage with animals and livestock.
For more information about Kids Country, and how you can get involved, please visit their dedicated website below.